Honey is a natural antibacterial remedy. It strengthens the immune systems and speeds up the healing process.
Lemon juice contains a very high amount of vitamin C, which also promotes healing and strengthens the immune system. Together these two are excellent at fighting the common cold, but there is speculation that they can do even more.
This woman from Australia, Crystal Davis, made a decision to test this theory and started drinking honey-lemon water each day for a whole year.
She discovered many improvements during the experiment and continued consuming it permanently. This is what she discovered.
- A stronger immune system – For the entire year, Crystal Davis, did not catch a single flu, cold, or stomach-related illness, whereas the rest of her family caught several.
- Increased energy – she no longer needed coffee to function in the morning and had more energy during the day.
- No UTIs – Acting as a natural diuretic, the lemon-honey water eliminated Davis’ Urinary Tract Infections.
- Weight loss. The lemons help the liver produce more bile, which helps the body break down food so the nutrients can be absorbed more easily. The honey helps the stomach produce more mucus to flush out toxins. The lemons and the honey work together to help the body reach a healthy weight.
- Glowing skin – The honey increases collagen and the lemons purify the blood, which results in healthy and glowing skin.
- Hydrated lymphatic system – Drinking lemon-honey water in the morning helps hydrate the lymphatic system, thereby preventing various illnesses caused by a dehydrated lymphatic system.
- Improved oral health – The lemons are efficient in cleaning out the mouth and activating the salivary glands. This eliminates bacteria from the teeth, whereas the honey helps destroy it, leading to better breath and improved oral health.
- Increased alkalinity – The lemons neutralize the acid in the body to reduce acid reflux, acidosis, upset stomach, and other acid related side effects. Individuals with chronic illnesses related to stomach acid should consult their doctors before following in Davis’ footsteps.