Having too acidic environment in your body will make you prone to numerous diseases and health condition. Acidity affects each of your organs, including your heart, lungs, intestines, liver, brain, kidneys, and skin.
When the body is overly acidic, it becomes a subject of chronic inflammation – the culprit behind different ailments and diseases.
Consuming processed and fast foods on a regular basis maintains the acidic state of your body. Your body, in turn, tries to neutralize and get rid of the acid which results in losing important minerals.
In fact, this is the main cause of osteoporosis in many people. High acidity levels cause depletion of minerals crucial for bones’ strength and health, such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, and sodium. When your body becomes deficient in these minerals, it becomes prone to cancer, and other serious diseases.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW AND GET YOUR:
Food products which are highly acidic include dairy products, most meats, grains, coffee, refined sugar, highly processed foods, sugar substitutes, and GMO foods.
So, when you consume these foods, your body starts to metabolize them. The end products would be acidic waste which needs to be neutralized and removed from the body. You can achieve that by consuming plenty of alkaline foods.
Here are 20 Signs Your Body is Too Acidic
1. Skin conditions like rashes, acne, eczema, and dermatitis of all types
3. Immune deficiency
4. Joint pain and aching muscles
5. Sinus problems
6. Excess mucus
7. Kidney and bladder infections
8. Chronic fatigue
9. Neurological conditions like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and dementia
10. Cardiovascular damage caused by acidic plaques – higher risk of stroke and heart attack
12. Candida and yeast infections
13. Chest Pain
14. Stomach problems like indigestion, bloating, excess gas, and acid reflux
15. Chronic Cough
16. Weight gain or obesity
18. Reduced mental clarity
19. Sciatica and stiff neck
20. Cavities and gum sensitivity
Our body’s tissues and fluids are alkaline, except for stomach. So, when one body area tries to regulate its pH value, it takes alkalizing elements from another area, thus distorting its pH levels.
Therefore, you have to help your body in this alkalization process, and you’ll do that by changing your lifestyle and diet.
92 Alkaline Foods That Fight Cancer, Inflammation, Diabetes and Heart Disease
7 Ways to Reduce the Acidity Levels in Your Body
1. To help your body eliminate the harmful toxins, make sure you drink plenty of water.
2. Drink lemon water to help normalize your body’s pH levels.
3. Increase your intake of alkaline foods such as seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables, legumes, and beans.
4. Consume more greens like salads, green smoothies, and juices. They are extremely alkalizing foods.
5. Stop consuming acidic foods, or at least try to reduce their intake to one per week. In other words, limit your intake of meat, dairy, coffee, pastries, eggs, soda, soy, popcorn, alcohol, seafood, white vinegar, alcohol, fish, and wheat products.
6. Avoid genetically modified foods.
7. It’s important to learn how to control stress, anger, jealousy, fear, and resentment since your emotional state significantly affects your body’s pH levels. Instead, see what relaxing technique or activity works best for you, like yoga, reading, meditation, or swimming.
Live a healthier life with the help of these tips as you’re the only one responsible for your health and wellbeing. Don’t forget that living a healthy life means living a happy life!